PwC is a proud sponsor of Indigenous Business Month for the third year, and in conjunction with the Melbourne Business School are pleased to launch the 2nd PwC & Murra Boost Initiative which is designed to help strengthen and build capacity within an Indigenous organisation within Australia.
We are proud to offer this opportunity to assist an Indigenous business to achieve its goals, to strengthen its business practices and continue to be a leader for others in the sector.
Kim Cheater, PwC RAP Chair.
PwC in partnership with the Murra Alumni will be supporting one Indigenous business, by providing skills and expertise (to the value of $30,000) to support a specific issue that will allow for future growth.
The initiative has provided us with an opportunity to review our approach to the way we manage our business from a financial perspective. We’ve gained great insights into how we streamline our financial processes so we can identify ways to focus on being a client centred business and building an Indigenous digital economy.
Liam Ridgeway, 2016 Boost Initiative Winner, Co-Founder NGNY
Selection Criteria for Award
- Indigenous business – 51% majority owned.
- The business issue identified will allow for future growth in the business.
- PwC has the appropriate skills and expertise to support the issue.
- The scope of work to be undertaken is within $30k budget.
- No conflict of interest with other PwC related work.
- A commitment of full and transparent disclosure to enable the team to provide an accurate assessment of your business.
- Commitment to attend regular meetings with project team (either face to face or via conference call).
A selection panel made up of Associate Professor Michelle Evans (CSU) and Kim Cheater (PwC) will decide on the successful application with winners to be notified week commencing 21 November 2017.
Important dates and submission process
- The application process opens on 2nd October 2017
- Please email your application (below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2017.
- PwC will notify applicants of the outcome the week commencing 21 November 2017.
- The project will commence upon agreement with the successful applicant, and the PwC team undertaking the project.
Information and assistance
Please contact Shae Kuipers or Michelle Evans should you need further assistance or information.
(03) 8603 3528
Dr Michelle Evans
Co-founder, Indigenous Business Month
Application Form: https://goo.gl/forms/jpVwP7XOoiC6Lj0J3